- Wise - Welcomes feedback and being confronted. They adjust to make truth match reality. They can be taught, coached and challenged.
- Fools - Feedback causes anger and leads to making the messenger the problem instead of naming the actual problem. They adjust the truth & reality to match themselves. They create hopelessness with others.
- Bad - They just want to inflict pain. Destruction is in their heart. Problems are solved with lawyers, guns, and money.
- Wise people need to be matched and paired with their gifts and abilities and given good feedback that is challenging.
- Talk is cheap with Fools. Just stop talking and address their pattern of behaviors. Limit your exposure to them and give them a choice and name the consequences of each choice.
- With Bad people, run. Let them go and move on. Just stay away.
"Don't let someone's character stop your mission."
*These are notes taken from the Willow Creek Association Global Leadership Summit