Tonight, our fantasy league is having it's draft. Saturday, college football kicks off. Next Thursday, the NFL gets under way with the regular season. Fall is back!
Enjoy the following tunes while they last on Youtube.
Image via WikipediaAs I mentioned before, I'm just jotting down notes and thoughts on the subject of healthcare in the US at this time in our history so I will have something to look back on years from now. It will be interesting to see where I stand on this issue 20 years from now.
- Yesterday, I heard Lee Camp tie the healthcare issue into a larger issue of conservatism vs. liberalism. He did a great job. He also made ties to David Lipscomb, the man Lipscomb University was named after. Listen here.
- If a government healthcare plan was instituted, how would it effect my responsibilities to carry major medical on my auto insurance policy?
- I am still disheartened by what seems to be deceit from both the right and the left. Even if one side is telling the truth or both sides are telling the truth, they have both somehow lost my trust. The Reagan Operation Coffee Cup Campaign on YouTube isn't helping this issue.
- I'm still not hearing any strong arguments on reducing healthcare costs as a baby step toward healthcare reform. I am still of the opinion that frivolous lawsuits that cause doctors to carry such high malpractice insurance is major factor.
- I'm not as worried about the issue as I was, largely because of thoughts like Camp evoked. I've also been listening/reading a lot of N.T. Wright recently and even though his thoughts don't point to healthcare, he equips me to think about issues such as health care in a different light.
- I'm no more impressed with the Obama administration than I was the Bush Administration. At least Obama is better at public speaking.