I am wrapping up Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton’s Now, Discover Your Strengths. I am aware there is 2.0 version, but I believe there both built on the same StrengthFinders test. This is a fantastic book. It has helped me appreciate things I do, think and say. It’s helping me to look at myself in a positive way, rather than a negative way. There are some really great illustrations that show you the importance of working in your strenghts rather than focusing on your weaknesses all of the time.
Here are my top 5 strength paths according to StrengthFinders.
1. Competition: People strong in the Competition theme measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.
2. Maximizer: People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
3. Individualization: People strong in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.
4. Significance: People strong in the Significance theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.
5. Analytical: People strong in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.